Saturday, July 28, 2007

All quiet ....

It is quiet on the China adoption homefront. Always rumors but this is where the speculation is highest.

I was in a children's store this week and saw a lady with a little dark haired girl. I got bold and asked the lady how old her daughter was? She thought I was asking for the size of clothes. I mentioned these were for someone else and threw in the word "LID" to show a connection. Her daughter is no more than 3 yrs from Indonesia. Very cute. She had to go to the orphange 3 times and had to leave the country each time. She was able to stay in Russia for 2 months with her son.

Everyone has a story. Each adoption is unique in its own way.

6 comments:

aimeeg said...

Wow, a unique story for sure. I haven't ever spoken with anyone who adopted from Indonesia.

Calico Sky said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! It is so true, each adoption is amazing really isn't it? An amazing story where a mama finds her child and a child finds her mama!

Operationtigerlily said...

Never have heard of Indonesia adoption either.

I see moms with their Asian little girls and I can never think of a good pick up line so I can talk to them with out sounding like a moron.

Anonymous said...

I had a very similar thing happen to me "today" in a children's boutique. I'll have to post the story on my blog.

Like you say....the same star dust!
We're living parallel lives.

insanemommy said...

Everybody has a story don't they? There has been a lot of talk about adoptions in India recently. Not sure if it's becuase the wait time is shorter or the process better..... All I remember about my wait was that it did seem like a lifetime.

insanemommy said...

I agree what you said on my post too. Pool boy a must!