Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Still waiting



Still waiting in line... I was disappointed to see from my agency that only 19 children were referred in the last batch from Nov. 7 -14th.

But I did get to see a real referral from a real couple this past weekend. She was lovely. I choked up too. I couldn't help but feel like there will be a day for us too. They waited for 20 months.
So I will just stay in my place in line-

I am enjoying meeting the people around our LID. Some people are going for their first adoption, some this is their second! I cannot imagine doing this again.

I do appreciate the strong support group- especially from those that have done this before. Each person has a unique perspective on this process.



Actually this picture is misleading since most people can SEE the end...

3 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there!
I just wanted to let you know that we are having a blog baby shower for Elizabeth at Dragonfly and Ladybug on my blog this weekend.

Feel free to drop by!
www.seventhdiamond.blogspot.com

redmaryjanes said...

Hey, I live in Michigan too! Hmm..

insanemommy said...

I too could not imagine (ever) going through the process again. Thank g-d we were matched with twins. It was brutal for me. I'm crazy but the wait about put me over the edge. Now that we have the children... we'll that too will put me over the edge. ha ha.