Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Treasure Chest


One of my special memories is playing in my mother's jewelry box. My sister & I use to put on the costume necklaces and bracelets. There were favorite pieces and ones we would barter for because they sparkled the most. None of her "expensive" jewelry was in there but there was lots to play with. It was a favorite past time to be princesses all dressed up for the ball.

I am trying to build up a "costume" jewelry box for my daughter. Hopefully she'll let me play too. I go to the sale racks in stores looking for sparkly jewelry. I saw some big glittery rings today but they need to go down a little more in price. They would make a beautiful story about the ring with powers.

Also, it isn't easy to find the right jewelry box. I am looking for something particular. Not trendy or too fancy but a wooden box. I am going to go to some garage sales and maybe some antique stores. It is my quest for the perfect treasure chest.

No comments: