Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dreams


I like reading about others dreams, although I believe no one can completely interpret the dream but the person who experienced it.

I apologize for lack of details but this is what stayed in memory.

I did have a dream as the sun was rising about being at an adoption center- looked like a day care. I was hugged by a little girl - two/three years. She had black hair shoulder length hair and was named Katie Maggie. She never talked & I only talked with a childcare provider. Katie Maggie as a name wouldn't work since those are the names of my best friend's girls. But if we use the K & M we could name her KIM.
Then she seemed to dissolve into two children - one boy & one girl. Close in age but I thought this would be OK too. Like twins- I can handle it. Then I was getting around to go and had to find the two little boys Matt & Carlos that I was taking home. One was in a wheelchair. Again the thought two is OK.

So what does it mean?
We don't have a name for our daughter- no rush - it keeps changing. We have a top three list and Kimberly is one of them.
Matt & Carlos doesn't mean anything to me.

The child is older than 12 months and she walked toward me. I am not expecting my daughter to be able to walk yet.

Then the two children. One boy & one girl. It won't happen since we have only asked for one little girl.

The two boys at the end is really odd. First we are on a non special needs list (NSN), so why the wheelchair? Two boys and no girl is not what we are planning. We are going through process for the girl.

When I look back on this- the wheelchair wasn't the focus or the gender to me at the time. I was alone without my husband at an adoption center. No paperwork. No stress in any of it. The dream probably only lasted less than 10 minutes when you think about it.

Lately I am seeking what God has planned for me & my family. I second guess myself often so if I was getting a message it is hard to filter through all the other garbage floating around in my head.
"Two is OK" was what I sensed. Does that mean that don't wait for the third child? Or two is OK right NOW - be patient with the two you have.

Unfortunately the sense of peace while sleeping doesn't carry over into the day. Ideas?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ya dreams. I too believe can only be interpreted by the dreamer. It's their mental landscape.