Monday, November 22, 2010

Gotcha day- Day 3

Ok the post we all have been waiting for, but first some before stuff. We woke early again about 4 am. Luckily we were able to chat with the kids and my mom.

We were so nervous, it was amazing we could even eat breakfast. Marian met us to get $ exchanged and arranged for a driver to take us to the SWI.

We arrived at the social welfare institution of Tianjin at 10 am. We were able to take some pictures but we really wanted to meet Joylin. We were led to a nice room just for adoptions, signed some papers and before the camera was out two ladies came in with the most beautiful baby girl- our Joylin. It was love at first site for us. She just gave us "the Look". The look of who are you? She didn't cry but very cautious. She let us hold her, both Kurt and I. We were given a few gifts from the SWI and Marian is going to translate the nannies notes and a letter from the Foster family.

The picture we have as our update is actually pretty recent. She is a peanut. I would say about the size of a 9 month old. She weighs about 16 lbs and is 28"long. She is super playful and pretty easy going for the moment. She has a scar from surgery and we think her lips are lovely- a little like the Angelina Jolie look. We are so in love. I will provide more info on the next post. I want to get back to playing with her.
Here she is-our precious- Joylin!


She fell asleep in the 15 min car ride back.


Here is the Look.


And here she is laughing- love that drool...

More pictures...

8 comments:

bigsis said...

She is perfect! No posting unless she's asleep. Just enJOY this!

The Lacher's said...

Christine - congratulations! Ran into Jeannie at work and she told me about Gotcha Day so I had to get back to my desk to see for myself! Enjoy the rest of your time in China.

Unknown said...

Kurt & Christine, What a beautiful baby and she comes with a great adventure too! Enjoy it all and keep posting pictures and notes. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us too!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I have followed your blog for a couple three weeks. I, too, have a JOY LIN. She was adopted in September of 1997 and is now 14 years old. While we write her first name as two names, Joy Lin, if I had to do it over again, I'd probably do it like you are, because people write Joy Lin's name that way constantly. Anyway, you have a beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl and I just wanted to say, congratulations. Enjoy the wonderful journey.

Carolyn (in Las Vegas)
Mother to Joy Lin LuShen (Hefei)

Christel Ann Cook said...

yay!!! what a doll!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

The Armstrongs said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful!!! We are really enjoying your blog and updates. I love that picutre of Joylin sleeping...she is so precious!

GEM said...

She's beautiful and I love her smile! Can't wait to meet her...Love you guys, Dad

Thanks for the pictures - she really is lovely!!! We're looking forward to meeting our youngest granddaughter soon.

Love you all, Gail

Unknown said...

How amazing - I can't wait to meet her!